Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's Been a While :)

Last week was basically a spiritually wasted week for me. I accomplished almost nothing besides learned a couple of new songs on guitar. No insights into God's Word. No awesome times of worship. I wasted all my time fiddling around on the computer, playing my guitar more often than I should, and doing other things that I can't even remember and so must not have been very important. Sunday morning I was taking a shower and the Lord just really brought conviction. I thought back over the week and realized that I had hardly spent any time with Him. Well, unfortunately it didn't end there. We then went to the church meeting, and I did absolutely nothing there. No sharing with anyone, because I had nothing to share. No deep conversations, because I had not thought about too many deep things. All I did was have fun. It really hit home when one of the girls had to get a time of prayer among us going near the end of the day (now, before I get in trouble, there's nothing wrong with a girl doing that. :) But, it's like, where are us guys? The blame totally rests on me, because I'm the oldest guy there. That one of the girls feels like she has to take the lead to get things moving just shows a big time "drop of the ball" on my part. And even more importantly, it showed the state of my heart.

I was not walking in the Spirit. I was not seeking after Christ. I was doing the exact opposite.

Well, I was convicted. I felt really bad, and just kind of down. Isn't it cool how the Lord uses different things to speak to us and show us our shortcomings? Sunday, He used several different things to get my attention. It's pretty awesome. If it wasn't for the Holy Spirit, I'd be a for sure goner. :D "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6 Praise God for that! :) Here's the chorus to a song that just popped into my head.
Who knows how He'll get a hold of us?
Get our attention to prove He is enough?
He'll do, and He'll use whatever He wants to
To tell us, "I love you."
And sometimes, "Come back to me." (Final line is added by me :)

So, this week I've just been trying to get my priorities back where they should be: Christ first, family second, then things I want to do. So please keep me in your prayers everyone!! I really, really need them.

God bless you all, and keep your eyes on the goal! Don't get sidetracked!!

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Ryan, that really hit home. Thanks for posting that. I'll be praying for you, but could you do the same for me?

A sister in Christ,
~Bethany~

Jenna said...

Ryan,
Wow! This post was so encouraging to me, because I too, have been spiritually dry for a bit now...I don't do any talking with Jesus during the day, and than in night when I get into bed, I just feel so convicted yet nothing changes the next day. I hate days like that...I'll be praying for you, and just like Bethany asked, let's all pray for each other!

Thanks:)
Your sister in Christ Jesus,
Jenna

jjfortheking said...

Awesome, Ryan! I 100% agree. That is a great reminder that I need to keep my mind on Jesus always.

Hopefully, this Sunday, we can have some great spiritual conversations, and I am very much hoping to spread the Gospel more! :D

God bless you,
J.J. Biddinger

Rachel said...

Very good words Ryan!
They encourage me to keep on "pressing toward the mark of the high calling of God!"
Praise God for what he is doing in your life! :)
God bless you and I look forward to seeing you guys Sunday!
Rachel Heyworth

Maiden Princess said...

Ryan,

That is really amazing becasue that's what I'm working on this week too :D It's so easy to get caught in the business of life and miss what our lives should totally be about. It's so easy to put other things ahead of our relationship with Christ. Why, I ask myself? Why is it so easy to put my life before Him? I can only conclude that my heart is not in the right place if it is so easy for me to ignore someone I say I love with my whole heart. Powerful stuff huh?

Thanks for being so candid, it's good to grow together in Him.

Hopefully we'll see you tonight,
Maiden Princess

LocaChica said...

Thanks for being so honest in this post, I really respect that. It's funny, I've been dealing with the exact same thing in my life, and I posted something similar to that on my blog a couple of days ago. This post was encouraging, thanks so much for posting!
LocaChica

Calvary said...

(Sorry to have to leave an unnecessary comment.) My blog address has been changed.

Here is the link:

www.its4hisglory.blogspt.com

(Note: if you continue to follow my blog, you will have to rejoin.) Thanks!

Calvary said...

Amen! I agree 1 Million percent! I've felt the same struggle and challenge in my life. I know that talking and fellow shipping with God shouldn't be a burden but some times it can seem that way to us.
Thanks for the great post! It was VERY encouraging!

You're in my prayers! God Bless!
~Michaila

ThomasJG said...

Thank you for this. I need to always keep my eyes on him. I am reminded of how Jesus would always start his day with prayer. If even Jesus needed to get together with God everyday, how much more us finite humans?