Saturday, January 10, 2009

Is God Showing Me Something?

Here's my longest post to date. It took me twice as long as it should have (hey, I can look on the bright side: I only had to backspace every 4 words this time {believe it or not, that's an improvement.}) Hope you don't fall asleep reading this!

As some of you know, I've been trying to become part of the electrical union down in Detroit. They have a list of requirements to be accepted, one of them being either proof of high school graduation or a GED. I ran into some problems because I was homeschooled, for they wouldn't accept my parents saying that I completed everything I had to for a public school graduation as proof. So my neighbor, who was once part of the union and knew the director, called the director and asked him about it. The director took some personal interest in me, and said that if I went and got my GED he would personally make sure I got set up to take the test as soon as possible. So I took the GED tests in mid-December.


Jump to last Monday afternoon. I was leaving work and felt in my back pocket for my wallet. It wasn't there. I wasn't that concerned at first, because alot of times I leave it in my car when I'm working. But when I got to my car, my wallet wasn't in there either. Then I was a bit concerned. I searched my car from top to bottom while my uncle searched his work van to see if I left it in there. But both searches turned up nothing. Now I was worried. I called home to see if it was there, but nobody could find it. So I drove home, and that evening Amy, Mom, and I searched the whole entire house. Still no wallet. Of course, the concern was not for the wallet, but for the driver's license that was in it. I tried to remember what I had last done with it, but I couldn't. After searching everywhere I could think of in the house twice and my car once more, I decided to kind of sit back and wait for it to turn up like things have a tendency to do.

Jump to Thursday. My wallet still hadn't shown up (and with it my license). That day in the mail, I got my results back for the GED. I called Mr. Polulak (the director of the union) and told him. He asked me if I could personally bring in the transcript the next day and give it to him, and he would make sure that I was signed up for the test to be taken on January 22. So I told him I would.

Now yesterday (Friday). As my wallet still hadn't shown up, I decided I'd better get a new license. So on the way to see Mr. Polulak, I stopped at a secretary of state office and ordered a new one. The meeting with him went very well, and he got me set up for a test date right there. With the official letter showing the test date, he gave me a little booklet showing what I will need for the test.

When I got in my car, I opened the booklet and glanced at what was inside. Most of it was stuff I'd already been told, but then I saw a list of what I needed to bring on testing day in order to be tested. In bold letters it said "Your driver's license (photo ID)." Then below it, this phrase: "No ID, no test, no exceptions."

So now it's Saturday, I still don't have a photo license, I still can't remember what I did with it, and I'm sitting here wondering what I should be thinking. Is the Lord trying to tell me something here? I've been praying that if this is not the way He wants me to go that He would show me. Is this His way of showing me, or is my losing my license right now just a coincidence?

The last thing I want to do is jump to conclusions, but this definitely has me asking some questions. My new license may or may not get here in time according to the time given by the secretary of state. I'm not afraid to give this up and do something else; my only regret would be the time that my neighbor and Mr. Polulak have personally put into making sure I can make it. So I guess I will devote more prayer to this, and wait and see if I find my current license or get my new one in time for the test.

Keep the Faith, Brothers and Sisters!

4 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Wow! That must be very discouraging.I will be praying for you during this TUFF! decision.
Hope everything turns out OK!
God bless you. See you Thursday!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I found it through Rachel's.

Rachel said...

Great blog! I pray that it turns up soon. God bless!