Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Title for This One!

To start this post off, I need to explain something that has been brought to my attention by my little brother (I'll let you guess who that is). I realize that the stuffed animal is actually Winnie-the-Pooh. The reason Jason was calling it "Wilburbeast" was because Sarah sometimes plays that he is Wilbur from Charlotte's Web. Just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings!

Anyways, I've been pretty busy lately. Right now my uncle and I are drywalling the living room and kitchen in one of his houses. Pretty soon we'll start building the cabinets for the kitchen, which I'm looking forward to doing. Any time I could find to get online during the week I spent laughing about the new posts about "The Prank" (sorry JJ!), and reading other people's blogs.

We're still hacking over here. Last night, Sarah threw up from coughing twice, and Jason almost did once. Jonathan is coughing, too, but he's not throwing up from it. Us older ones (Katie and up) are just coughing a little, but the little ones are kind of keeping us from doing anything, because my parents don't want to spread it. So, no hockey this weekend either. :(

Here's a couple of pictures from bygone years around our home.



Dad and Jason with some awesome hair. 2005




Sarah doing some chin-ups. 2004

And here's a few from more modern times.



All of us. From left and back row: Jonathan, Kevin, Amy, me, Mom, Dad. Front row: Katie, Jason, Sarah.




Mom and Dad's last anniversary (you'd be shocked at what goes on around here ;).


I've been reading in Philippians, and I've really been getting alot out of it. There's so many things in that book that we can apply to our lives. At the beginning of chapter two, Paul talks about selfishness and selflessness. He says in verses 3 and 4, "Do not do anything from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others." That's really key to treating others the way we should. Paul continues, "Have this attitude in yourself which was also in Christ Jesus," and then goes on to list what the Lord gave up to save us, and what He did for us when He was on earth. Paul is showing Christ for what He was: the perfect example of selflessness.
When I read those verses, it struck me how far I fall short of what I should be. To often I'm looking out for my own interests and not those of others. Much too often I do things out of selfishness: for example, deciding not to play something with Sarah and Jason because Kevin wants to do something that will be alot more fun for me. So with the Lord's help, I'll continue to press on and work out my many flaws that unfortunately often don't leave easily.

Press On, Keep the Faith, and God Bless You All!






7 comments:

Rachel said...

These pictures are great!
Really funny!
Our house can be pretty crazy too.

Anonymous said...

Great post, I like all the pics!

Kevin Wegner said...

I've tagged you, Ryan!


Kevin

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Hillarious pictures!!! What were your parents doing? It looks like something with paint???? Anyways, great thoughts about Phillipians, it can be so hard to die to ourselves but as followers of Christ it is what we are commanded to do. Thanks for the post and I look forward to seeing what say on your tag list.

Because of Grace,
Maiden Princess

Joshua said...

I tagged you Ryan. You can go back to my blog and find out the rules. Have a great day.

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Hannahbanana said...

Wow Ryan it looks like you guys get prettey vilent.that is if thats a knife I see in you moms hands,yikes
God bless you,
Hannah banana

Kevin Wegner said...

Yes, that is a knife. They were fighting over who got to cut the cake. lol